Customer Relationship Management is an important part of every business, and especially law firms. This month we’re looking at how to use FilePro for both CRM and reporting.
FilePro integrates seamlessly with Microsoft applications like Excel, Word, and Access. You are able to use these integrations to automate your client communications and extract meaningful information for your own reporting needs.
Utilising the database will often save hours of manual work. This can be achieved in three ways:
- Data can be extracted to Microsoft Excel
- A direct link to the FilePro database can be set up
- With queries and views
Once you’ve extracted your data or linked to the database, you can use Mail Merge in Microsoft Word to send letters or emails to your clients.
You can use the data in a number of ways, from simple to complex. For example, you can send:
- A client letter notifying a specific file owner of a rate change
- A client letter advising that a Will Safe Custody Document exists and a review is due within six months
- A newsletter by using a Custom field in the FilePro Contact Card to identify whether the client receives the newsletter or not
If the data exists in FilePro, it can be extracted for CRM uses. To ensure your data is accurate, it’s important to maintain your contact cards with correct and consistent information. If required, FilePro can provide a spreadsheet of all your contacts for cross-checking.
Key Data for Staff
The ability to link to your FilePro database can also provide other benefits. Data can be extracted to highlight key information to your staff. You can expand on FilePro’s many reporting options by customising your own reports.
Information will always be extracted as an Excel Spreadsheet, so you can use other tools within Excel, like Charts and Graphs. The National Resource Centre is also able to insert Macros which allow you to enter variables like date ranges. You can also select ‘Refresh’ to use reports time and time again.
Your reports can be simple or complex. For example:
- A firm may require a matter list with key information that has been stored in the UDF or Calc tabs within FilePro.
- A conveyancer may require a list of all clients who are due to have their ‘Identification Verification Check’ renewed within the next 3 months. This key date is stored on the contact card and can be utilised to prepare this custom report.
- A PI firm may store the Amount of Claim in a UDF field and require a report of all matters with claims greater than $10,000.
These are just a few examples of what can be achieved. Every law firm is unique and will have different requirements. Knowing what your FilePro database can do opens up many options. Before spending hours on mailing out letters or complex reports, ask us if there is a better way.
Please call the National Resource Centre to discuss opportunities to utilise this functionality within your firm. Further training in the ‘how to’s of data extraction can also be discussed.