Mid last year, the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) released their Legal Technology ‘Future Horizons’ Report – a paper providing insights and practical ideas to help law firms develop future business and IT strategy.
Mobility was a predominant area of focus – the ability to access data and tools from anywhere, at any time. “The research shows a clear expectation that the decade ahead in legal will be shaped in part by developments that enhance mobility, personalisation and ease of use.”
Mobility has already transformed a number of professions and industries:
- All major Australian banks now have mobile apps
- 1 Million people are using Uber, not taxis, every day
- Gaming is no longer the domain of teenagers, but commuting parents
- Even Google recently changed its search algorithm to favour mobile use
So what does mobility mean for law firms?
Apple recently revealed that 86% of time spent on mobile devices is spent inside apps. Yet, apps specific to the legal profession are rare and often clunky.
As such, most lawyers only use their smartphones to access their email from outside the office.
We’re happy to say this will no longer be the case.
FilePro goes Mobile
We’re excited to introduce FilePro Mobile – a mobility platform allowing you to access FilePro from your smartphone or tablet.
The integration is powered by the RedView platform, allowing you to:
- Capture time into your FilePro timesheet using your mobile device
- Call your FilePro Contacts straight from your phone
- Access your FilePro Matter Records on the go
- Send documents with a single tap
- Access your CRM data while in front of your clients
A number of law firms are already using FilePro Mobile’s timekeeping functionality. A simple but incredibly powerful tool where you can easily record time from your mobile phone – before, during, or after a billable event. FilePro Mobile also automatically measures time spent on call or emails and lets you attach it to a relevant matter.
All data capture through FilePro Mobile is automatically synced with your FilePro system and made available on your desktop. There’s no need for manual data entry at the end of day or week.