As recently reported by Lawyers Weekly, The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner found that the legal, accounting and management services sector came in third highest reporting notifiable data breaches in the Sept 2018 quarter.
The primary ‘causes of notifiable data breaches in the sector included:
- A failure to use BCC when sending an email
- The loss of paperwork or a data storage device
- The sending of private information to a wrong recipient via email and ordinary mail
- The delivering of private information to the wrong individual in some other way
- The unauthorised disclosure of information through the unintended release or publication of such details
The attached video identifies a range of options within FilePro to minimise these risks while streamlining communications with clients and across your firm.